So today, while browsing through the local shopping mall, I happened to walk in front of Nigel Khan’s bookshop. Let’s enter, I said to myself, I feel I’m going to find something interesting. I soon looked for the History section, and to my own surprise, it was labeled as “History/Folklore” (even better!). A particular book caught my interest, which is the one in the picture. The historian which lies within me couldn’t resist, nor that I tried in any way to persuade him not to buy it.
I do know what I like, no mystery. I purchased it without even checking its content. The title was satisfacting enough.
I am not a bookworm, but I like to go deeply into the culture and history of each country I visited, especially the ones I happened to live in. The average inhabitant of Trinidad doesn’t care of the ancient past of his country, or when he does, he stops to a superficially analysis. Instead I like to dig very deep.
I promised myself not to open this book as long as I will be here. The reason? Well I already know that if. I do that, thrn I’m gonna read it all in a while, and then I will need to return to the bookshop, and I will end up filling my suitcase with books!
- Follow Mute songs on WordPress.com
- January 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- November 2016 (1)
- October 2016 (2)
- May 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- February 2016 (3)
- November 2015 (1)
- May 2015 (1)
- September 2014 (4)
- August 2014 (7)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (4)
- May 2014 (9)
- October 2012 (1)
- June 2012 (1)
- December 2011 (2)
- October 2011 (1)
- September 2011 (3)
- August 2011 (1)
- July 2011 (2)
- June 2011 (3)
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.
- RT @RogerHalsted: Se un immigrato accoltella un poliziotto dopo due giorni è già libero Se un poliziotto filma un clandestino in autostrada… 2 days ago
- @flaskiergal @CNC3TV Where did you ever read that they come ONLY from Trinidad? The article compare the number of t… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- @flaskiergal @CNC3TV Problem is that terrorists are not a national army belonging to a single country but scattered… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 4 days ago
- @flaskiergal @CNC3TV So what? The article is very clear: T&T as a cradle for terrorists. Long live the multiculturalism! 5 days ago
- @pierlu__igi Anche a acqua gassata va benissimo 6 days ago